Be prepared for your next trip by following the guide below:
- Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while overseas.
- Check the latest travel advice for your destination and subscribe to receive free e-mail notification each time the travel advice for your destination is updated.
- Before departing Australia check whether you are regarded as a national of the country you intend to visit. Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
- Before travelling overseas register your travel and contact details online or at the local Australian embassy, high commission or consulate once you arrive, so we can contact you in an emergency.
- Obey the law. Consular assistance cannot override local laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by Australian standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for the country or countries you are visiting or transiting. Be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry.
- Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
- Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations or other precautions and find out about overseas laws on travelling with medicines.
- Ensure your passport has at least six months’ validity from your planned date of return to Australia. Some countries will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement. Before travelling, you should contact the Embassy or High Commission of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Below are links to great travel websites that will help you be prepared before your next trip!
Trip Advisor | Travel Doctor | Smart Traveller | Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade | Currency Exchange | Passports, Consulates & Visa
Contact us on 1300 891 100 or email email@example.com for more information.